Amsterdam Alumni Event
It was not very long time ago that All Roads led us to Rome and a very successful inaugural TDA Alumni event. We have to confess that once in a while when we have an idea and the idea works, we have a beer or two, and then decide, why not do it again. So we had a couple of more beers and wondered when and where we should do the next alumni event. We kept on drinking hoping that we could get a consensus. When we could not arrive at a consensus we asked for input from you guys, our alumni. And thanks to the many of you that voted on Facebook the winner is…
We have all heard about the city and its charm. So we did not argue and decided let’s do it and do it now. Why now? Why in 2013?
- Because this year celebrates 400 Years of the city’s UNESCO listed canal construction.
- Because the Rijksmuseum reopens after a decade of renovations to show its Rembrandts and Vermeers
- Because it is the 160th birthday of Van Gogh and his namesake museum is turning 40
- Because the Royal Concert Gebouw Orchestra turns 125
- Because the Atis Ryoal Zoo turns 175 years
- Because the Felix Meritis Cultural centre, which has special concerts exhibits and lectures all year long, is turning 225 years old.
- Because the Dutch Queen Beatrix has retired and passed the crown to Prince Willem-Alexander.
- Because orange is our favourite colour.
- Because Amsterdam has some great places to have a beer and all of a sudden we are feeling really thirsty.
- And because the timing is right.
So we hope to see all of you in Amsterdam on June 25-30th where once again we have prepared for you a week of easy cycling, excellent dining, some heavy partying and hopefully seeing a lot of good friends and making some new ones. We have organized a centrally located hotel for everyone to stay in. From there it is a short walk to where the daily cycle tours will begin. Bicycles will be provided for you.
Space is limited. Register now!
We look forward to seeing you in Amsterdam!