5 cool things during/around Tour d’Afrique
Today is Career day in Ontario and parents around the province are bringing their kids to work with them. My nephew decided to join me instead. He stopped by the office to help us out and see how we run things. After his morning of sorting photos, and scanning our website for mistakes (they are a few from time to time), he made this list of 5 cool things about Tour d’Afrique. Enjoy…
1. The challenge: unlike other cycling tour companies, only Tour d’Afrique has routes and tours that can push you 50 times past your comfort zone. Injury’s on tours like ”Tour d’Afrique” and “The Doomsday Ride” are not uncommon so both physical and mental training is a must only to start even thinking about taking on one of these daring expeditions.
2. The natural beauty: No matter what tour route you choose their will always be stunning landscapes in many parts of the journey. An active volcano, elephant wandering in and out of sight and so much more wait in just only one of the ten possible tour routes across the globe!
3. The people: whether it’s your tour group or the locals of a village you’re resting in you are bound to meet some interesting and colourful people. The trip isn’t the same if you don’t have fun energetic people accompanying you though the journey.
4. The exotic food: its one thing to see foreign culture, but it is an entirely different thing to be a part of another culture. Food is a great way of molding yourself into a new culture. The local ingredients and methods of cooking help give you a better understanding of the people around you.
5. The feeling: the feeling of freedom, control, like you are doing something that truly is great and Tour d’Afrique know just how to deliver the perfect amount of this feeling. If you are able to complete the tour, it makes you feel like you have just accomplished something great, something that not everybody can do and that in its self is great.