What is a typical day like?
- Wake up around dawn and pack your bag, coffee should soon be ready.
- Breakfast is served – usually fruit, oatmeal, muesli, bread and butter/jam. (or hotel breakfast for hotel tours)
- Breakfast is 30 minutes long, just before breakfast is over the lunch vehicle will depart to set up the roadside lunch at a little over halfway through the day’s ride.
- After breakfast – get on your bike and ride!
- Staff cleans up and packs the lead/baggage vehicle (bags and equipment at campsites)
- A staff member will ride “sweep” at or near the back of the group, assisting cyclists and communicating with other staff by phone if vehicle or other support is needed.
- The lead/baggage vehicle will pass you at some point in the morning and toot the horn to make sure you are OK. Give us a thumbs up if you are OK, a thumbs down if you need some help
- Just past the halfway point: lunch
- After lunch – continue riding, the lunch van will pass the group on the afternoon ride
- Arrive in camp or at the hotel – get your bag and set up your tent (or find your room), and relax
- Rider meeting – to go over the day’s events and the next day’s route
- Dinner immediately after the rider meeting
- After dinner 2 riders are assigned to dish duty, help the chef clean up (in campsites only)
- Relax, read, socialize, laugh… until you are ready to go to bed
- Repeat. This is the dream life!
Read more about what to expect on a TDA tour.