Job Posting – Customer Support Representative
TDA Global Cycling is looking for an experienced, ambitious and resourceful Customer Support Representative to join our small dedicated team at our Toronto headquarters. You’ll work closely with the Marketing Manager and the team of 7-8 staff that work year round out of the Toronto office and remotely from BC, South Africa, and Brazil. You’ll be responding to inquiries by phone, email, and chat. You will assist customers with a variety of requests as they prepare for their adventure of a lifetime – cycling across a continent or joining as a sectional rider for a week or two. The tasks are varied, the environment is casual and collaborative, and the job can be extremely rewarding with a lot of autonomy and opportunities to gain new skills.
The successful applicant requires high level organizational skills and attention to detail. These are a must! You must also be an excellent communicator, have a friendly phone and email manner, be able to manage an eclectic array of tasks and keep track of upcoming events and people to follow up with. You also need to be skilled with Microsoft Excel and Office and Google Docs applications.
Candidates must be personable, adaptable, very self-motivated and genuinely excited to deliver excellent results for our diverse cycling customers who come from across the globe.
This will be a full-time salaried position. The job may entail occasional travel for trade shows, or to assist on the cycling tours overseas. This is an entry level position with opportunities for advancement and long term growth with the company.
TDA’s Liberty Village office in Toronto, located at King and Dufferin.
Estimated September 15, 2019 or sooner starting with a 6 month training and probation period.
Pay will be commensurate with experience. Position will also include profit sharing after the first year. In addition to vacation time, compensation will include time cycling on one of our tours to experience what we do first hand.
(applications close June 30, 2019)
What the Role Entails:
- Frontline sales and support by phone, email, social media, Skype, chat, and in person
- Sales follow ups and customer engagement using CRM software
- Becoming familiar with the details of each tour, the routes followed and the typical preparations customers need to make prior to starting their tour
- Developing sales strategies and techniques to improve results
- Preparing for and attending trade shows, alumni events, info nights
- Write blogs and participate in online video productions – all aimed at educating cyclists who are preparing for a tour
- Writing and editing select website information and customer documents
- Assist with social media management and content creation (blogs, social media posts)
- Assist with ordering/shipping supplies, merchandise and tour equipment
- Assist with tour accommodation arrangements
- Assisting registered riders with tour preparations – bike questions, applying for visas, etc
- Helping to prepare and review surveys sent to cyclists post-tour
What we look for:
- 2-3 years of relevant customer service and sales experience
- High level organizational skills and attention to detail required
- Must be proficient with Excel spreadsheets and other MS Office applications
- Strong writing and editing skills a must
- Someone with a love of travel, cycling and the outdoors
- Genuine drive to foster solid customer relationships
- Enthusiasm for preparing cyclists for life-changing bicycle adventures
- Must be willing and able to take on tasks that require learning as you go
- Must have the ability to work in a team and be accepting of feedback
- Photo, video, social media and storytelling skills are a definite asset
- Communications, public relations or marketing experience are an asset
- Curiosity about the world, interest in historical context and current events
- Good phone manner and email etiquette
- Motivated self-starter; takes initiative to start projects and see them through to the finish
- Ability to manage several projects at once and prioritize work in a changing environment
- Someone with ideas and a willingness to do the hard work to implement the good ones
Please complete application form by following the link. There is an option to include a 2 minute video of yourself to enhance your application and tell us why you feel you are right for the job. We suggest you record this in advance and have it ready to upload.
We are not accepting resumes and all the relevant details should be included in completed application. Applications close June 30, 2019 and candidates for interviews will be contacted in July.
(applications close June 30, 2019)
The Bicycles Of The 2020 Tour d’Afrique
While we have recently published an updated 'What bike should I bring?' blog and video, we thought it would also…
UPDATED February 26, 2020 BY
The Hippie Trail In 3 Videos: Highlights Of This Fantastic Cycling Route
What comes to mind when you think of cycling in India? Is it crazy traffic on busy urban streets? Or…
UPDATED February 19, 2020 BY
6 Reasons To Cycle Tasmania
The Australian island of Tasmania is quickly gaining a reputation as a cyclist's paradise - from cross country to downhill,…
UPDATED February 17, 2020 BY