Job Posting: Office Administrator
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Job Posting – Office Administrator
We are looking for a detail-oriented office administrator to join our small, dedicated team at our Toronto headquarters. You’ll be reporting to the Administrative Manager and will work alongside a team of 4-5 staff that work year-round in a hybrid home and office position here in central Toronto.
You will be ensuring that all registered participants are kept up to date as they prepare for their tours, and you will ensure they have completed all their pre-tour forms and made payments on time. As Office Administrator, you will be responsible for maintaining important customer data in spreadsheets and in myTours – our registration system online – ensuring that the document and forms stays current and accurate.
The tasks are varied, the environment is casual and collaborative, and the job can be extremely rewarding with a lot of autonomy, travel perks and opportunities to gain new skills.
The position requires someone with high level organizational skills and attention to detail. These are a must! You must also be an excellent communicator, have a friendly phone manner, be able to manage an eclectic array of tasks and keep track of upcoming events and people to follow up with.
Working remotely initially with a once a week in person meeting. In time, a hybrid model of 3-4 days a week at our office in Toronto. Some travel will be required on occasion to promotional events or for visits to the cycling tours.
on or after December 1, 2022
Pay and Hours
$45 – $50K annually with hours starting at 40 per week.
Cycling and Travel Perks
In addition to vacation time, compensation will include two weeks a year of paid time on one of our tours cycling overseas – cycling with the clients and assisting the staff (flight included).
What the Role Entails:
- Manage new registrations, as well as cancelations and changes to itineraries
- Keep spreadsheet and registration system current and accurate
- Add new registrants to room lists, attendance sheets, waitlists as required
- Review and approve all forms – reviewing all details thoroughly, and provide feedback to riders
- Remind riders of deadlines, early payment, late forms, or late payments
- Send invoices and record incoming payments
- Work with the accountant on issues related to payments, refunds, invoices, and exchanges rates
- Ordering supplies and tour equipment
- Assist with tour accommodation bookings and room assignments
- Helping to prepare pre-tour info sessions and post-tour surveys
- Additional activities as directed by Admin and Marketing Managers
What we look for:
- Someone who loves numbers and is very comfortable with spreadsheets
- High level organizational skills and attention to detail required
- Bookkeeping and research experience is an asset
- Graphic design skills including experience with Adobe software is a plus
- Spirit of adventure and love of travel and cycling is an asset
- Strong writing and editing skills are an asset
- Fluency in a 2nd language is an asset
- Good phone manner, and email etiquette
- Enthusiasm for preparing cyclists for life-changing bicycle adventures
- Must be adaptable and have the ability to work in a team, consensus building
- Someone who understands the importance of facts and getting the details right
- Motivated self-starter; takes initiative to start projects and see them through to the finish
- Someone with ideas and a willingness to do the hard work to implement the good ones
Applications close November 15, 2022 and candidates for interviews will be contacted before December 1, 2022. Please complete application form by following the link.
THIS JOB APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED
There is an option to include a 2 minute video of yourself to enhance your application and tell us why you feel you are right for the job. We suggest you record this in advance and have it ready to upload.
We are not accepting resumes and all the relevant details should be included in a completed application.
What’s It Like To Be A Vegetarian On A TDA Cycling Tour?
Tim Millikin is the Assistant Tour Leader on the 2023 Journey to the East and sends this report from…
UPDATED May 27, 2023 BY
Forest Bathing On The Journey To The East Cycling Tour
"The horror, the horror," whispers Joseph Conrad’s protagonist Kurtz, reflecting on his life, his actions and on humankind in…
UPDATED May 20, 2023 BY
Choosing The Best Brakes For Long Distance Cycle Touring
[sc name="htp1" ][/sc] Are you looking for a new bike for your next tour, and wondering what type of brakes…
UPDATED May 18, 2023 BY