Postings



Update 2 Hurricane Patricia and the North American Epic

North American Epic_Badge

UPDATE 2, 4:30pm EST: The cyclists and staff are all safe and accounted for. They have now arrived to the town of Arandas much further inland and off the anticipated route of Hurricane Patricia based on the most recent projections available to us.

Arandas is on the route they would have been cycling over the next couple of days. They will wait out the storm at least tonight and tomorrow and assuming that there is no need for further schedule change, they will set out Sunday morning on the regular schedule. Feel free to email us if you have any questions in the meantime or check the many news outlets and social media sites that have up to the minute reporting on the storm.

 

UPDATE 1, 11:00am EST: The cyclists and staff are all safe and accounted for. They are situated over 300 km inland from where the storm is expected to make landfall later today. But as a precaution, they are currently making arrangement to move further inland. Today’s cycling stage has been cancelled and the staff are in regular contact with our head office in Toronto.

Another update will be posted here this afternoon. But feel free to email us if you have any questions in the meantime or check the many news outlets and social media sites that have up to the minute reporting on the storm.

 


1 Comment for "Update 2 Hurricane Patricia and the North American Epic"

So glad that everyone weathered the storm. It isn’t a lot of fun to be in a hurricane in a tent, and especially one as strong as Patricia was. Good and God speed. Keith

Leave a Comment for "Update 2 Hurricane Patricia and the North American Epic"

Your Email address will not published. Required fields are marked