SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Top 10 Reasons for Cycling the North American Epic
1. The only tour of its kind. While several companies offer biking adventures across North America from west to east that link the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, Tour d’Afrique’s 2013 North American Epic stands alone as the only organized trans-continental tour from north to south and Alaska to Mexico.
2. National Parks. You will cycle through some of the most stunning parklands found anywhere including Kluane, Jasper, Banff, Glacier Lakes, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, and the wonder of the world that is the Grand Canyon.
3. UNESCO World Heritage Sites. All told there are 12 World Heritage Sites en route, from Canada’s Rocky Mountain Parks to Mexico’s historical towns and monuments at Guanajuato, San Miguel de Allende, and Queretaro.
4. Wildlife. Encounter some of North America’s strangest creatures.
5. Accommodations. Enjoy a restful night’s sleep at our select hotels.
6. Americana. Loose yourself in the sights & sounds of rural America.
7. Physical conditioning. Lose weight and get in the best shape you’ve been in for many years.
8. Find yourself. Enjoy long, lonely rides in your own company.
9. Stop and enjoy the moment.
10. A trip of a lifetime with your new found friends. Enough said.
Oh and the food is pretty good too!
3 Comments for "Top 10 Reasons for Cycling the North American Epic"
I love the irony and humor of your posts hahahahaha
I am preparing to apply for ATD…realy soon I intend to compose your team
Love your updates, all the reasons why I love long distance cycling in ‘far away place with strange sounding names’. Hope you’re running it in 2014 as this year may NOT be my adventure year……. work commitments…….. I’m going be following your blog ALL the way. Thxs Rosie
Thanks for the thoughts. The North American Epic runs every second year so the next expedition after this summer’s will be in 2015. Hope you can join us this year but if not then in 2015.