THE BICYCLE IS HAVING A BIRTHDAY!
Join Our Summer Cycling Challenge & Give the Gift of Transportation
Did you know that June 12, 2017 marks 200 years since the first bicycle was ridden by Karl Drais in what is now known as Mannheim, Germany? That’s right. The bicycle is 200 years old!
We bicycle lovers think the 200th anniversary of the world’s greatest form of transportation is worth celebrating—I mean, come on, who doesn’t love a birthday party? That’s why we’re pleased to announce our upcoming #200for200 Summer Cycling Challenge, that will officially launch on June 12, 2017 and run right through the summer until September 17, 2017.
Our wish is to see to it that even more people in the world get to benefit from the incredible gift of bicycle transportation. Our goal is to raise $200,000 to purchase 1,000 bikes for donation through our TDA Foundation to students, community health volunteers, and entrepreneurs, in the communities we pass through on our annual Tour d’Afrique expedition. It has always been important for us to give something back, in a significant and responsible way, to the local people who help support us along our routes. We’re hoping that you, as a member of our TDA Global Cycling community, will be among the first to take up the challenge and help us spread the news through any and all of your social media channels. All the details can be found on the challenge website at www.200for200.bike.
Here are the basics:
1. Ride 200K—as a solo rider, pair of riders, or team of riders, all in one day or over the summer, log 200 kilometres of riding on Strava, MapMyRide, Ride with GPS, or any ride recording device.
2. Raise $200—make a straight donation or appeal to friends and family for increments to get you to your goal.
3. Challenge 2 Friends—via social media, using the official challenge hashtag (#200for200) and TDA Global Cycling social media handle (@TDAcycling on Twitter, @TDACycling on Instagram and @TDA Global Cycling on Facebook), tag and challenge two friends to take up the challenge and help spread the word.
Visit www.200for200.bike now and add your name to our list of challengers, so we can keep you updated on challenge news and other bits you need to know as we lead up to our June 12th launch day and our first BIG RIDE DAY on June 17th.
Together we’ll celebrate 200 incredible years by giving the gift of transportation to those in need. Learn more about our TDA Foundation here. See you on the road!
As our loyal followers, we are asking you to help us make this campaign a huge success. We need your help to spread the word or cyclists around the world.
How you can help
- Distribute posters
- Join our tweet storm on June 12th
- Repost our June 12th Instagram announcement
- Forward this blog to a friend
- Share the news on Facebook
There are many other ways to help us, so please get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to become an ambassador to help us reach our goal of getting 1,000 bikes to Africa next year. Together we’ll celebrate 200 incredible years by giving the gift of transportation to those in need.
Learn more about TDA Foundation here.
#200for200 Project Manager